Do you wish your branding on your website was amazing and doing what it is supposed to do; Create trust, better serve your clients and position you as a leader in your field? Well no matter your budget, I believe you can do exactly that. Let’s dig in and give you 5 ways you can better use your branding on your website.
On the podcast today, we give you 5 ways to Creating a Stronger Business Brand, with Graphic Designer Leelou. For full disclosure, Leelou is my wife so I might be a bit bias, but I do think she is so talented and she has one of the best boutique design agencies in Melbourne; By Leelou.
5 ways to better use your branding on your website
- Layout, layout, and layout! Any website is as good as the layout and it is the perfect way to showcase your style and branding with not much extra effort. You can purchase a beautifully designed website easily and use a layout from a design or you can spend the time to create amazing layout yourself. Really think about usability when creating the layout and keeping things simple and easy for the user.
- Write down and brainstorm, exactly how you want your business to be perceived by your audience. You can create a colour pallet and use fonts that will best portray how you want your traffic to feel and how they interact with your brand.
- Playing it safe in 2019/2020 is more dangerous than ever before. Think about how you can use your branding and website flow to create a different and more memorable experience for your traffic. Live a little dangerous and experiment. Not everything is going to work but it is worth testing out different layouts on pages, the colours and fonts and just how you use your branding as a whole.
- Targeting everyone is never a good idea. “The riches are in the niches” has never been truer than today. When you niche down, everything becomes easier. You need to let your traffic know, exactly what you do and how you do it. You need to let them know, you are the exact right fit for them. This will bring you in loving and loyal clients and you can save time and effort with marketing.
- Consistency is key. Think about the colours you use, the images you show and the articles you write. People love consistency and people dislike surprises. Consistency throughout everything you do with your brand, website and social media will help you create a brand that people love and trust. And that’s what it is all about, right?
Leelou has just released website templates for wedding photographers and I think you should definitely check them out. A template just makes things so much more affordable and you have a good base to work off and customise so it’s your own. When I spent $10k on the design of my own website, years ago, I wish templates like these were available. Would have made my life so easy.
If you want to hear the full episode, jump over and hit play. Promise it is packed with good stuff and it will get you thinking about your own website.
I wrote a blog post to give you 4 ways to better use your website. CLICK HERE to read.